Tuesday, January 14, 2014

OPENING: "PAPER OBSERVATORY"

Don't miss the fun! Make your excuses at those somber meetings, and fly
instead above the Observatory to meet the planets and stars.
PHOTO: A new scene in the arena area of the exhibit.



STARS! SATELLITES! SUNS!

On January 18, at 1 pm SLT, avatars will be orbiting the space around the Paper Observatory at the LEA21 sim. Will you be one of them? I am planning to film, no lag willing! If you would like to fly among the stars, please dress as a star, satellite, or sun, however you imagine them to be. Or just come as you are, if you prefer :)

WHEN: Saturday, January 18, at 1 PM SLT.

WHERE: The Lea21 sim.  CLICK HERE FOR TRANSPORT
             SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA21/184/113/51

WHY: Because you are a star.

HOW: Come as you are, or in your celestial trappings.

WHAT: This is an installation I built called PAPER OBSERVATORY, on view during the month of January 2014. I decided to make a film about it. The lower levels of the build show people performing rituals, from a time when superstition defined the world: disease was the work of demons and the world was flat. Floating above this, is the Observatory which issued a new era of discovery: questioning by evidence.

Please join in!

Thanks,
Haveit Neox

APOLOGY: As I'll be filming parts of the event, I close my IM windows so they do not block the screen. So, if you speak to me and I don't respond, it is because my windows are closed. I'll read the messages after filming and get back to people. Thanks for your understanding :)

P.S.   I am also considering creating a tear-down event on January 31, where the build collapses. Please check my blog listed above to check for developments. Thanks!



XXX

2 comments:

  1. Just visited there yesterday , it is fantastic as usual .
    Amazingly beautiful scenes are found all over the building which
    made me tears almost .
    Wish someday I can join this kind parties ....
    Anyway , thank you so much for wonderful installation again , Mr. Neox .
    :)))))))))))) Yay !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bamboo! I’m so happy you were able to visit the installation, and I greatly appreciate your super comment :)

      Delete